Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tomato & Pepper Guacamole

I am at the end of Day Two of my Detox and things are going really well! I've lost a few pounds (I didn't really need to, that's a bad thing really, but I'll put it back on when I start eating cooked food again I'm sure) and I feel really really healthy! Not to mention that I'm more... erm... regular than ever before!! I've eaten a lot of apples, bananas, tangerines, grapes, cashews, peanuts, carrots, broccoli, celery, mushrooms, rocket, spinach, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers... and have been drinking warm water with lemon and ginger added to it in the morning and evening. I'm quite proud that I have not even been tempted by the chocolate that has been sitting in my cupboard. I'm intending only to do one more day (it's the boyfriend's actual birthday tomorrow so I might have to have some cake at his parents' house at the end of the last day!) but I might actually extend it to 5 days if I'm feeling up to it (and if my supplies last). To be honest, I'm loving it and I'm going to start consuming far more fruit in future. I've not missed bread at all either, so where I used to snack on carbohydrates I am now thinking I'll probably get a lot more fruit and raw veg into my diet to snack on instead.

I thought I'd share a photo and recipe for Tomato & Pepper Guacamole as it's absolutely divine. It may not look it from the photo but it is! I tweaked an online recipe and came up with this. It serves 1-2 people:

- 1 avocado
- half a red pepper (deseeded and diced)
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- 1 shallot

Just blend it all together and serve! Mmm mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment