Thursday, March 4, 2010

Raw Food Challenge

So I've decided that for 3 days next week all I'm going to eat is raw fresh veg, fruit, nuts & seeds. I think I've had too much sugar and bread in my diet recently so I'd like to detoxify and feel healthy again. It will probably help to kickstart me into eating more fruit as I've become quite lazy in that department apart from the odd apple and bunch of grapes here and there. I'm going to do an absolutely massive food shop on Sunday! I'm quite excited about it. I love having something to aim for and have not really had a "goal" as such for a long time. I can't wait to try some more recipes from my "Rawvolution" book (pictured below) and I have a recipe for pepper, tomato and avocado dip that I'm dying to make and have with some veggie crudités!



If I'm motivated enough I might even make my lovely raw cacao, coconut and walnut brownies (recipe below!) but then again I may steer clear of it, as it still has agave nectar and chocolate in it, and I don't want anything stimulating my sweet tooth really as I'm trying to get away from that - they are divine though...



How to make:

- 3 cups walnuts
- 2 cups dessicated coconut
- 5/8ths cup of agave nectar
- 1/2 cup carob powder or cacao powder

Grind the walnuts in a food processor until they are paste-like. Then add to the rest of the ingredients and stir until fully mixed. Spread the mixture into a baking dish and press down firmly. Chill for a while to get a more solid texture then cut into squares.

Trust me, it's heavenly! The boyfriend went crazy over it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment