Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hmmmmm...ouz

So I thought I'd give making my own houmous a go tonight. I had been recommended a recipe containing beetroot, and I love beetroot so immediately thought it would be something I'd like. My blender isn't the best so it ended up a bit chunky, and I didn't have a couple of the ingredients (tahini or lemon juice) so I made up my own recipe! Here it is:



Blend:
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- 3 medium cooked Beetroots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- couple small handfuls of Sesame & Pumpkin Seeds
- quarter cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- dessert spoon of Vegan Boullion dissolved in a little water
- lots of Paprika and Chilli Powder
- a little Salt and Pepper

I am not the sort of person who can eat a whole tub of houmous, it usually goes off in the fridge so I decided to freeze it in a silicone baking tray, into six medium sized portions. I've done a taste-test and it is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to have it tomorrow with some cruditées of carrot, baby corn and cucumber!

No comments:

Post a Comment