Sunday, September 5, 2010

Work Barbecue

It's really been barbecue weather recently so on Friday our bosses treated us to a barbecue and free booze-up! It was great - they even let me go and buy my own vegan burgers! I'd never tried Dee's Organic Homemade Spicy Bean Burgers before and have heard people rave about them online, so I thought I'd give them a go. WOW they were good! For €3.99 for two, I'd definitely get them again. They didn't fall apart on the barbecue and actually had a really nice texture and held together in the bun really well, along with some tomatoes, lettuce and onion. All the sauces we had were (luckily) vegan, so I put some spicy tomato relish onto the burger and marinaded them in red pepper sauce before cooking them.





































As I was coming back from the shop with my burgers this kitty spotted me and I spent 10 minutes tickling its tummy. I could spend days tickling kitties' tummies!

2 comments:

  1. I've not heard of those burgers before so thanks for the tip. Will have to look out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're Irish so I'm not sure if they're available in the UK. Only recently started up over here so I doubt it... but keep your eyes peeled all the same! :)

    ReplyDelete