Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chilli Non Carne



















I have to share with you a recipe that I concocted from various other recipes. It is most definitely one of the nicest chilli non carnes I've ever had! It is also not too spicy because the boy isn't as tough as me and can't handle hot food ;) It has a semi-sweet flavour to it. I served it up with tortilla chips as I'm not a big fan of rice, it's a bit boring as a plain accompaniment to a dish. This chilli's secret ingredients are cumin and cinnamon. Every time I eat this I want more and more!

Ingredients (Serves 2-3):

- 2 Onions
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Sticks of Celery
- 1 Red or Orange Pepper
- Half cup of Sweetcorn
- Can of Mixed Beans in Taco Sauce from Tesco
- Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Purée

Method:

- Dice the Onions, Garlic, Celery & Pepper
- Fry them in a large pan with a little oil until starting to soften and turn brown
- Add the Sweetcorn and the can of Taco Mixed Beans
- Add the Spices and Tomato Purée
- Cook over low heat for 10-15 mins

I like to leave this in the pot overnight to stew in its own juices, as it brings out the flavours so much more if you eat it the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment