Thursday, March 18, 2010
I love broccoli and decided to have a go at making cream of broccoli soup. Here is the recipe, it's so simple!
- Boil a head of broccoli in some vegan stock until just about tender
- Fry up a whole sliced onion and 3 cloves of garlic
- Put everything into a blender and add a cup of soya milk
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- If desired, add a little leftover water from boiling the broccoli
The second time I made it, I added the fried onion and garlic at the very end along with some diced fried mushrooms and blended very gently so they just mixed in but did not completely disappear. The soup was much chunkier and more flavoursome!