Friday, April 1, 2011

The Boyfriend is Quite a Chef!

My better half has made some lovely meals this week. First is a Ginger and Lemon Chickpea Curry (adapted from a Chicken recipe), and secondly a Vegan Cottage Pie using this recipe from the Quorn website but substituting the Quorn mince with Soya. There are quite a few nice recipes on the website, which I think I may try using other vegan ingredients instead of the Quorn.


































My dad also came to visit this week and we got up to loads of interesting things! We went to Airfield Farm and Gardens in Dundrum, and Russborough House in Co. Wicklow. I took a lot of beautiful photographs, my favourites of which you can see below.

































We also ate at quite a few vegan places with good options. I got a Veggie Soup and Chips at the IFI Cinema Café, some Crisps and a Vegetable Samosa from M&S, a Vegan Pizza from Hell, lovely Vegetable Fajitas from The Speaker Connolly, and of course we went to Govindas and I had a very tasty Veggie Coconut Curry with mixed Salads (pictured below).

















Gerry behaved himself well, it was the first time my father had met him and he's allergic to dogs... but he didn't sneeze at all and he loved him! So in all, it was a lovely week!

7 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! love the flower pictures!
    Blessings, Debra
    Raw Vegan Diet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! It was a truly excellent "holiday"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gauri Radha गौरी राधाJune 29, 2011 at 6:04 PM

    Pretty flower pictures and the vegan dishes sound terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your share experience with us. I just want to say: your post is too useful to everyone!!!!! I would like to visit your blog everyday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete