Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cuppa Soups, Bones & Sweet Potato Chews!

Everyone's blogging for Vegan MOFO (Month of food) at the moment. I feel like I should be joining in, but it's not really me. I've always been one to go against the grain and refuse to participate... not in a bad or selfish way, I mean I just prefer to do what I want, when I want. Is that so bad?? It makes sense to me!

After my last entry I revisited the shop in Terenure (Nolan's Food Fare, if anyone is interested) and while stocking up on another couple of cans of soup for work I also noticed these babies: Organic cuppa soups by Just Wholefoods. They are both vegan and apparently there is also a carrot and coriander flavour available. They cost around €1.50 for a packet of 4 sachets and are really delicious. It's so difficult to find vegan cuppa soups as most seem to contain milk protein or powder of some sort even if they are vegetarian. The only other, which I've blogged about before, that I've come across, is the minestrone flavour from Lidl.
















I made another couple of vegan purchases for Gerry today as well. When we stopped at the pet shop after his run in the park and splash in the lake, I noticed this Marrow Bone treat by Yuppy Puppy. It's like a Nylabone, so lasts for ages, and is filled with a vegetable based jerky flavour paste. It's great for conditioning doggie gums and keeping teeth healthy. Here's my little monster doing his best advertising for the Yuppy Puppy company. I reckon he should get paid!

















The other vegan treats I purchased were from the Treatsfordogs Ebay Shop - a few Antos Cerea rice bones which are hollow and can be filled with peanut butter or veggie paté, and some dried sweet potato chews which are a vegetable version of rawhide and apparently last longer! I'm going to try making some of my own for Gerry, according to instructions over at Sable's Supper.













I've been eating pretty unhealthily and sporadically over the last few weeks, I need a kick in the butt to make me start cooking again. I think it's just a temporary hitch, brought on by the new lifestyle of owning a dog. Now that I have someone else to feed and worry about I've been neglecting myself! I am determined as of tomorrow to get back into the swing of things, I can't be setting a bad example for the furry dogchild, so I must start being more healthy from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment