Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I should Koko-ro

If you love sushi, you should definitely visit Kokoro, a little bento shop on Lower Liffey Street. When I was in London a couple of years ago I was delighted to discover bento shops aplenty, strewn all over the city. As a sushi lover this was paradise to me and I often wished for something similar in Dublin. It looks like my prayers to the Gods were answered as low and behold, Kokoro did not take long to emerge. Their menu offers many suitable options for vegans and I was impressed that filling a bento with their sushi costs only around €8.00, which is pretty cheap for somewhere so authentic and delicious. Their vegan rolls include tofu, asparagus, oshinko, mixed vegetable, avocado, kampyo, and carrot & coriander. There's a selection of yummy dips as well, not just the usual soy sauce, and all their produce always tastes so soft and freshly made. They always have very reasonably priced pieces, and I love the way you can go in and choose exactly what you want out of their fridge to go in your bento - in true pick'n'mix style!


















At their hot deli counter they have a tofu yakisoba and tofu curry available, but I've never ordered anything from here as I seem to visit at funny times of the day, so I'm not sure if they are totally vegan as I haven't had a chance to ask.

I am planning on visiting Kokoro this weekend to pick up a stash for my Saturday dinner, so will update this entry with pictures of my sushi as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment